Sunday 21 November 2010

Thought Bubble Comic Con


Yesterday was the Thought Bubble comic convention here in Leeds, Uk. It was amazing.

I was on staff so I'd had less than 4 hours sleep thanks to Harry Potter 7.1 the night before and was at the Royal Armories for 7am. But I was not going to let that spoil my day.

Got to show Leigh Gallager (of Defoe 1666) to his table.
Him: Oh, hi I'm Leigh. *as I'm looking for his banner*
Me: Oh I know, me too!
Him: L-e-i-g-h?
Me: yes!
Him: =D


At the end of the day I got him to sign my staff top as well as Adi Granov (X-men, Extremist Iron Man.) Was a gopher for the panelists, offered John Romita Jr (Kick-Ass) water and coffee (to the jealousy of a fan boy who was stood behind me) and the same with Brian Talbot. There were tonnes of other great artists there too but I didn't really get that much of a chance to stop and ponder about. It was a brilliant busy day and someone out there has a photograph of me reading volume 7 of the boy's as I was positioned out side the cloak room for an hour. I'm not sure who he is and I only looked up after he grinned and ran away. So Kudos to you, creepy photographer.










Jared, of OK comics, also snapped a picture of me looking quite annoyed that I had been left to watch the Self Made table while he went and moved the van. However, I left my email and website with them and they are currently looking for interns.

I was hoping to go to the after party but when I went home to change and eat, closed my eyes for all of ten minutes and woke up at midnight. Ahh well, I still had a brilliant day, got tonnes of back issue comic books and shook some brilliant hands.

I'm so looking forward to next year when I'll hopefully have a table with my own work on.



No comments:

Post a Comment