Tuesday 21 September 2010

PPD V.3!

Opps, forgot to upload this.
3rd presentation that focuses one what I've done over the summer and what kind of designer I want to be in the up coming year. (Low quality for Issu upload)


  • Cover:
  • Placement: Being too slow in emailing Paul Windle design. Contacting Brian Wood who is an illustrator, graphic designer, comic book artist and writer. Everything I want to be. Getting in touch with Jamie Smart who was great.
  • Find Chaffy: One panel coming for Jamie Smarts website. Anyone can have a go at it but when I mentioned having a go I did not expect a reply nor did I expect such a great response for my panel.
  • Find Chaffy 2: The Perplexing Do*Gooder Duo!
  • Comic Practice: Step by step of page 1 of the comic that I am currently working on to show that I can actually make them if I put my mind to it. Also, as it's the area I want to go into and...I didn't actually have any to show. >>
  • Comic Practice 2: First 3 pages of the comic.
  • Dissertation: How women are portrayed and stereotyped in comic books. Three great books that I picked up over the summer as well as discussing a few of the articles I have found and how this is going to relate to my design practice. One of my brief proposals for this year is to work on a fashion range for women that are just as iconic and striking as merchandise made for guys.
  • Onwards: This year I want to produce more illustrations and work more on being a narrative designer. My area will be comic books and children's graphic novels. I am hoping to really improve on how my illustrations can be used in context.
  • End:

No comments:

Post a Comment