Thursday 19 August 2010

Style Icon

Style. Artistic expression. Or; why I draw the way I do.

A 'problem' I brought up at the end of the second year was worrying that I had not developed any kind of style. That no one would be able to look at my work and go: Oh, that's Leigh Wortley's. (Or more accurately; that's the girl who talks to much about the X-men.)

I've come to the decision however (one that I think was made for me by people around me) that I don't need a style. Especially not in an illustration sense. This would pigeon hole me and limit what I could do with myself as a designer and an illustrator.

As a test I started to illustrate Jubilee (of the x-men, who else) in the same style that I have done my header image in. I wanted to see if it could work across media (from real life to comic books.)




The Jubilee one is still my favourite. It was the first one I did and I didn't get any better at it. XD
After I posted my own caricature, I had requests from friends for me to do illustrate them too. However, I'm not Wonder Woman (Though her new costume is quite spiffy) And I only managed to do Jonny P.

Other requests include my kid sister and Emma Price. She's getting her's for her birthday though.

Next post. My other way of doing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment